Thursday, May 29, 2014

Semester Reflection

One highlight from this semester that I will remember for a long time is the trip to New York. It was one of the best experiences I have had throughout my high school career. I was so used to taking pictures around my house and Yarmouth that taking pictures of subjects I haven’t before sounded very exciting. It helped greatly with familiarizing myself with the manual settings of the camera. I took some of my favorite pictures I have ever taken on that trip. The trip provided the time in which I found that I really like taking portraits. I didn’t think I would like taking portraits because it’s difficult to capture emotion. It was also a novel experience because I had never been through Chinatown or Little Italy. This experience provided two completely different cultures that I had never been immersed in.

    Another memorable experience that was a highlight this semester was being a part of the Clayton’s Art Exhibit. It was almost a surreal experience because I never thought I would have my art up for everyone to see. Knowing that I can have my photographs up in an exhibit drives me to take better photographs, I wouldn’t want my pictures to go up if it wasn’t my best work. It was also cool seeing all the other artwork that the other kids were doing, some art forms I hadn’t seen before such as a gelatin print. Seeing other people’s photographs at the exhibit gave me inspiration because seeing theirs gave me ideas I could do for my own photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment